Pandemic-th Grade, By Constantin Vukotic

 

Pandemic-th Grade,

WYO The Hill We Climb Poem

Day 1

Out of bed,

Tired as a pansy on a wind battered cliff,

The last week’s efforts undone,

A new day at school.

Trudging to the computer,

Turning it on,

Greeted by a mosaic of backgrounds and faces,

Of virtual people

Cameras turned off,

Freed from the confines of my seat.

After 8th period's done, most people are too sluggish to get any work done,

Everybody is thinking about the next weekend already.


Day 2

Out of bed,

Another day closer to our weekend,

Our holy grail,

Less tired than on Monday.

And more focused then on Monday

Keeping my camera on more,

So I can actually be present at class.

School ends,

And if I'm lucky,

I don't procrastinate

Finish my homework,

And go for a walk.


Day 3


Out of bed,

Halfway up the hill,

Getting in the rhythm of things,

Not tired at all, and participating in class,

School’s out,

homework's done,

clean house,

code games only to give up on them a few weeks later.

Sleep.

Done for the day.


Day 4


Out of bed,

Work ethic persists,

Done most of my homework during lunch (kinda),

8th period's done. 

But Wait!

Math club!

After an hour of having my brain confused to the highest degree,

I scramble to finish my math homework before 6:00.

So close yet so far from our promised weekend.


Day 5


Out of bed,

Faster than a bullet through the first three classes,

Concentration level: ZERO,

Just like everybody else.

Lunch comes and goes,

And I prepare for the impending weekly math quiz.

Math quiz passes, soon biology too,

Finally, weekend obtained.

 

Day 6


Out of bed,

At 8:00!

No voices coming out of the computer,

Went outside,

Tiredness: -1


Day 7


Slammed out of bed,

By a thought which hit me like a  semi truck

Tomorrow is Monday, 

I do my favorite weekend activities, but 

With Monday on the horizon,

They are no longer fun.

Go to bed,

Thinking: :’(


Day 1 (again)


Your weekend is in another castle!

And the process repeats.


Comments